Our Suggested Itinerary Options
We are always happy to discuss your plans and assisting in customising your time on the trail.
For details on the trail grades check out the West Coast Wilderness Trail website
- First night Greymouth, we offer free Vehicle storage at Greymouth Seaside TOP 10 if you spend at least one night with us.
- Day 1 – 31km Bike from Greymouth to Kumara, Stay Theatre Royal Hotel http://www.theatreroyalhotel.co.nz/ . Starting at the official Start Point on the Greymouth Flood Wall, Possibly diverting up to Shantytown on the way. Bag transfer Greymouth to Kumara available if required.
- Day 2 – 36km Bike from Kumara to Cowboys Paradise http://cowboyparadise.co.nz/ . Carrying overnight bags with you is the best option and Bag Transfer to your Hokitika accommodation or Cowboy Paradise if required.
- Day 3 – 36km Bike from Cowboy Paradise to Hokitika, catch up with bags at Hokitika Accommodation. Check out http://www.westcoastwildernesstrail.co.nz/ for Hokitika Accommodation options.
- Day 4 – 33km Bike from Hokitika to Ross via the West Coast Treetop Walk and Cafe http://www.treetopsnz.com/ get picked up in Ross that afternoon and transferred back to Greymouth Seaside TOP 10 and Top Motels for the night.
We also have a baggage only transfer relocation service with bookings essential and prices on application.
- Departing Greymouth, shuttle to Kumara and Bike back to Greymouth (an easy flat 30km ride crossing the Taramakau River on the last combined Road/Rail Bridge in NZ) there may still be time for a Monteith’s Brewery Tour that evening!
Full Day Options
- Departing Greymouth, shuttle to Kawhaka Water Race (intersection with Old Christchurch Road) and Bike back the 50km to Greymouth stopping off at Kumara for lunch, there may still be time for a Monteith’s Brewery Tour that evening.
- Departing Greymouth, shuttle to Kawhaka Water Race and Bike the 48km through to Hokitika, we can pick you up in Hokitika after a well deserved lunch and bring you back to Greymouth for a good night sleep.
Two Day Option
DAY 1 – Departing Greymouth, shuttle to Kawhaka Water Race (intersection with Old Christchurch Road) and Bike back the 50km to your Greymouth Accommodation stopping off at Kumara for lunch, there may still be time for a Monteith’s Brewery Tour that evening. This way there are no time restraint and you can bike at your leisure.
DAY 2 – Shuttle to Kawhaka Water Race (intersection with Old Christchurch Road) and continue your 48km journey through to Hokitika where we pick you up and return you to your accommodation in Greymouth before heading off the next morning.
Pricing: All rates include bike and accompanying luggage transport (All bags are to be less then 20 kg)
Vehicle storage at Greymouth Seaside TOP 10 Holiday Park, $10 per day or FREE if you stay at least one night there.